Monday, July 8, 2013

Wisconsin -- Day 1

Early afternoon on Friday, and off we went for "a fantastic place called...Wisconsin!"  G&G, K and I all piled in the car and headed north for C's wedding.  And along the way we stopped for Steak 'n Shake, because how can you not?  Nevermind that it was three in the afternoon.


Hooray for wind energy!

We got to our lovely bed and breakfast, Victorian Dreams in Lodi, Wisconsin, in plenty of time to head out for dinner with Dad and D, who had arrived earlier in the day.  (They got there early enough for the wine and cheese reception; we missed that.)  We headed off to Fish Tales for dinner.  And look what we found in the parking lot - a car all the way from Florida just for K!


So, here's the thing about the food at Fish Tales: it's all fried.  The six of us shared three apps - Courageous Curds (delightfully delicious fried cheese curds), chicken wings (fried), and deep fried mushrooms (obviously).  Dinner for me was fish and chips (fried and fried).  And for the record, the haddock I ordered was from the "Lighter Side" portion of the menu - I think because it was only two fried fillets of fish.  And chips.

By the end of that, it was everything I could do just to get back to the B&B without falling asleep at the wheel.  But I'm glad I made it, or I would not have heard K exclaim about the wonder of the bed in our room: "The pillows smell so good! The sheets are so soft! The blankets are so heavy!"  It really was chore to keep her out of bed once she made those discoveries.  Every time we came back to the room, even for a minute, K went headfirst for the pillows.

Which did smell lovely, I have to admit.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. That bed! The malt and fried food were pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete