Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Goals 2018 -- January Recap

Guys, I have done so many things differently this month!

Here are some of them:

1. I have been drinking more water.  A simple app on my phone reminding me to drink water has helped a lot with this.

2. I have paid more attention to what I eat.  I have not gone as crazy as E and cut out all sugar, but I have been keeping track of my intake, which I find is helpful in cutting down on sugar, because it becomes so clear that high-sugar foods just don't provide much in the way of sustenance.

3. I have gotten a new office chair.  It has no lumbar support at all, but paradoxically it seems to be having the effect of causing me to sit up straighter.  Rather than reclining against the back of the chair, I perch on the edge of it, which means I have to use my own core muscles to sit up, which makes me think about sitting up!  This is something that I have been wanting to pay more attention to for a long time!

4. I decided that wasting 20 minutes of good sleep by hitting the snooze button over and over was a stupid idea, and the constant crashing of my alarm clock app was making me nervous that one day it just wouldn't go off.  So I installed a new app, set it for the actual time I'm supposed to get up, and disabled the snooze function. I've overslept once; I'm not quite sure what happened, but I assume it was a sleep-induced brain fog that allowed me to think I still had the ability to snooze. Which I suppose, in a manner of speaking, I do.  I'm hopeful that I learned my lesson for a while. (Another option: wake up to a real clock alarm, rather than an app. Might try that next.)

So, here's hoping I sustain these positive changes for the long term!

Oh, and I cleaned out the fridge and pantry!

Before:



After:


You may not be able to tell much of a difference, but I can!

2 comments:

  1. Its ALL GOOD!
    (Oh, and... I can DEFINITELY tell the difference!)
    You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete