Wednesday, June 6, 2018

La Traviata

S and I had a lovely night for the first opera of the season, La Traviata.  It is one of Grandpa's favorites and just happened to be on his birthday, so we had dinner with G&G before the show.

I've planned out themed menus for each opera this season, and hopefully I can see them through!  I tailored the menu for La Traviata down a bit due to time and travel constraints, but my Italian/French menu included roasted tomato and goat cheese quiche, roasted red pepper tapenade with crackers, and French 75s to drink.  Unfortunately my dessert plan went the way of the dodo because I had (unrelatedly) recently made a blueberry pie, which is always better for a crowd than left sitting on the kitchen counter, so that very American dessert threw off my theme, but I'm over it.

The show itself was lovely.  It's a classic, and what a fun first act, and the first half of the second act.  The remaining portion of the second act and the third act were expectedly depressing.  All-in-all, a classic, stand-up performance with strong voices carrying the lead characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment