Monday, November 4, 2019

Goals 2019 -- November Edition -- Take 2

From K:

No sooner did I decide that I was a failure at food related goals, then the one that I am setting for myself in the month of November is to drink more water. I think I can be successful at this for several reasons a) because I’ve done it before, b) because I’m trying to follow doctor’s orders, so I have fear as a motivating factor and c) because I also want to try to go to yoga more, and I always drink more water that way because otherwise, my hot yoga class may kill me.

Another friend of mine at work is trying this as part of Rachel Hollis’ #last90days, but that would mean that I would have to drink half my body weight in ounces. That’s a lot of water! I would never succeed at that and my work schedule could not accommodate all of the time lost visiting the restroom as a consequence. M is right when she says that one’s goals need to be measurable, so I need to pick a more reasonable measure. For me, that’s going to be 48 ounces (or two full 24 oz. bottles) a day, which is a pathetically small amount of water for a regular human being, but for me, it will be about 36 ounces more than I drink on any given day right now. Perhaps you can see why the doctor had something to say about this.

Here’s to hydration!

No comments:

Post a Comment