Tuesday, February 4, 2020

What I Watched -- Hello Ladies

Another one of S's recent delightful finds was a show called Hello Ladies.  As with most decent shows, it had a short original run -- an eight-run season on HBO (all of which I watched), plus a movie (which I haven't seen yet).

It stars an awkwardly tall Englishman as Stuart Pritchard, a hopelessly hopeless and lovelorn British expat in LA.  He's constantly on the hunt for a super-attractive and unattainable girlfriend, which is what the whole show is built around in theory.  But really it's about him and his friends.  Stuart rented out his pool house to a struggling actress, one of his  sidekicks in the series.  The one that broke my heart the most was Stuart's best friend Wade, whose wife left him at the start of the series, and he's navigating the separation with little help from Stuart.

Should I watch the movie?  Or will it just ruin the show?

No comments:

Post a Comment