Saturday, October 30, 2021

Goals 2021 -- October Recap

This month was not a massive failure.  Here's where I succeeded:
- Cleaned out and weeded the columbine bed, and divided some of the bigger plants to fill the holes.  Of course, immediately after doing that, the leaves started to fall, but perhaps that's a project for next month.
- Clearing out the raised beds that were finished for the season.  Some of them are still going strong -- strawberries, peppers, and the lettuce has reseeded itself.  Oh, and I have some volunteer potatoes in one of the beds I cleared, so maybe I'll get a few more of those yet this year.

Now, here's where I still have work to do:
- Patching the holes in the interior walls.
- Cutting the canna and wrapping the bulbs.  I thought about this several times, but the canna still look pretty good, and the front of the house seems so bare without them that I like to leave them to the last possible minute.

Though not on my list, I also did a LOT of work clearing weeds out of the cul de sac.  There is what I think is vinca growing there, which I would LOVE to have as ground cover, so I cleared away everything except the following: vinca, ferns, hosta, and a few of the more well-rooted cedar saplings.  Obviously the weeds I pulled are going to come back with a vengeance, so I just need to stay on top of this project (which took the better part of two weekends!) in order to give the vinca and other little guys a chance.

2 comments:

  1. I asked about this in my letter! Now I know the answer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, lets just say, they got side-tracked to another body of water (in Florida). Are they easily distracted? NO!They brought their work with them, and set up to "work from home". :)

    ReplyDelete