Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Our Own Devices: The Past and Future of Body Technology -- Take 1.5

In my life, I have been reluctant to give up on books once I start them.  This is a psychological hangup I'm trying to break myself of.  There are too many books out there to keep reading one that just isn't doing it for me for whatever reason.  

Our Own Devices, like Jack last year, is one I decided not to finish.  This one seemed like it was going somewhere that I could eventually have gotten on board with, but it wasn't getting there fast enough to keep me interested.  Will this be an ever-more-common hangup for those of us who are members of the internet generation, used to tiny blurbs and sound bites rather than long-form prose?  Probably.  And I'll try to keep that in mind rather than just closing a book on page 3.  I made it nearly 100 pages into this one before I threw in the towel.

So much for my February 2023 Reading Challenge selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment