Friday, September 1, 2023

What Happened to August?

All the sudden, it's September.  The heat wave has broken.  It's not yet cool in the mornings, but it's no longer stifling; the hints of cooler weather to come hang in the air with the morning fog.  Labor Day is in a few days.

What, may I ask, happened to August?  There was one lovely (albeit hot) weekend when my family was in town for my cousin's wedding.  Other than that, much of the month was lost on me.  I (yet again) blame work for taking over all my free time and then some.  And I give big thanks to S for picking up the slack.

But I am reminded, yet again, of the wonder of the change of seasons.  It's one of my favorite things about living where I do.  Each season brings new adventures.  It may also bring a new list of to-do items (many of which will wait around again until next year), but who cares?  For now, I'm just going to enjoy the optimistic moment that exists right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment