Sunday, April 14, 2024

What I Read -- Love Her Wild

My March selection for the 2024 Reading Challenge was Love Her Wild, by Atticus.  The category for March was "a book that will stretch you," and poetry always does that for me.

Poetry is one of those genres that seems to have a pretty broad definition, so I suppose this all does count as poetry.  But if you asked me to describe this book to a friend, I would describe it as a cross between poetry and one of those page-a-day collections of inspirational sayings.  Why does it feel that way?  For one thing, most of the poems are quite short, often not more than a few lines.  For another, many of them are positive, or at least could be interpreted that way. 

I've lent the book to a friend, but when I get it back, I probably will go back and read it again, but one poem at a time rather than in the drinking-from-a-fire-hose style that I read it in for my first go-around.  I think it will be a good one to keep around and dip into when a tiny breath of goodness is needed.

And if that's not high praise from me for a book of poetry, I'm not sure what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment