Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Neil deGrasse Tyson

T got us tickets to see Neil deGrasse Tyson when he came to St. Louis to speak a while back.  His lecture was titled "Science as a Way of Knowing."  My favorite part: the first thing he did when he came out on stage, as he was giving his little intro -- about how human senses are only a teeny sliver of the spectrum of scientific senses -- was take off his shoes!  And he gave the rest of the lecture in his socks.  A man after my own heart.

Over the course of the talk, he covered many subjects in astrophysics, relativity, astronomy, planetary exploration, food science, Star Trek, biology, and bears (audience question).

I can't possibly recap the humor with which NdGT discussed these topics, so I won't try.  All I'll say is this: if you get a chance to see a lecture, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment