Saturday, June 30, 2018

Goals 2018 -- June Recap

My goal, as you may recall, was to find an alternative to iTunes, since my old computer (which is only still around for the purpose of preventing me from putting iTunes on my new computer) is kicking the bucket.

My first attempt at an iTunes alternative was Floola.  I had read some pretty positive reviews, and I especially liked that it is a portable program -- meaning that it lives on the iPod, rather than on the hard drive of the computer.

However, after messing with it a bit, I got frustrated by the seeming inability to identify the podcasts that were already on my iPod and to download the new episodes. So I ditched Floola.

I looked at several other options, including MusicBee, Sharepod, and Songbird.

Eventually I settled on to MediaMonkey.  It appears to be a bit more user-friendly, but it is a desktop application.  (There is a portable version available, but that's more for moving your music between various computers than it is for running on an iPod.)  So now I have software on my computer which I'm not thrilled about.  It seems to be a little bit easier to use, though I'm still struggling to update my podcasts.

I'll keep working on it, but MediaMonkey is the winner so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment