Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Goals 2021 -- April Edition

You may have noticed that I'm several days late with my April goal.  This is, in part, because S and I took a short little backpacking trip over the last weekend.  The weather was beautiful, the hike was secluded, and the lack of cell service (actually, the lack of even a cell phone) was refreshing.  (Of course, there's the mountain of un-dealt-with work that one must inevitably return to after such a respite, which is no fun, but let's pretend that's not real.)

So for the remainder of this month, I will make an effort to get outside, sans telephone, to enjoy the spring weather.  With any luck we won't be drowned with rain, so my efforts will include the following:
- Mountain biking
- Dining al fresco
- Reading in the fresh air
- Getting the remainder of my gardens planted

This calls back to my goals from February and March - separating work and play, and getting the springtime yard/garden work done.  How, one might ask, does this Add a Little Fun to my life?  Well, same as I said last month: unlike many people (and unlike many other tasks -- looking at you, cleaning the bathrooms), I enjoy yard work.  And of course I enjoy being outside.  And eating, and reading, and biking, and podcasts. So let's do more of those things.  Because they're fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment