Monday, December 21, 2009

Wildlights

Last night, J totally indulged the 8-year-old in me and drove me all over this town to see Christmas lights! It was awesome!

The first place we went was the zoo, which does this thing called Wildlights. Apparently this has been going on for a number of years, but I've never heard of it! How is such a thing possible? Anyway, it was awesome, as you can see:After that we drove around South City, in the neighborhoods off of Hampton and near Ted Drewes. They are so festive around there! Nobody near where I live puts up Christmas lights, but practically every house had them on some of the streets! It was amazing! And bright. I wonder how they sleep? I guess maybe they turn them off at night?

2 comments:

  1. SO GLAD you did this!!!

    And I have to say, some here in NC turn their lights off at 10:30! That is in massively poor taste - midnight MINIMUM, I say! Glad you had fun!!
    love
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how long have I been trying to get you to come and look at Xmas lights in my neighborhood... only to read you went to the zoo and nearby this neighborhood (Ted Drewe's) on your own?!? Hmm.

    Glad you had fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete