Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More Trouble in Retail

Another lovely customer....

We were swamped one night not long ago at the bookstore. R was the only guy at the register and I was the only person on the floor. R called for backup; I finished up with the customers I was helping, then headed up to the front to help out. There was a woman there waiting to have some books wrapped.

Allow me to emphasize this: we gift wrap free of charge. There is no charge for the paper. It is FREE. There is no charge for our time spent wrapping your 17 books. It is FREE.

Back to the story... I ask this woman which of the 4 or 5 types of wrapping paper she would like me to use. The conversation proceeded:
"Those are the only ones you have?"
"Yes, ma'am."
"You should really hire some better designers."
"I'm sorry ma'am. We don't have much say over the designs. Those decisions are made by someone in the corporate office."
"You should talk to them about that."
"Would you still like me wrap your books?"
"It's hardly even worth it, with that paper. But I guess so."

Again, I ask: really? We're wrapping your presents FOR FREE. SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME AND MONEY DOING IT. Quit complaining about our poor selection of paper. If you really don't like it, go buy your own.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment