Monday, March 21, 2011

Back to the grind

Far and away the worst part about travel - even worse that the TSA - is having to face your real life again once you return home.

Yesterday when I got back, I realized that my indoor plants were dying, and that outside the weeds were taking over the yard.  So rather than work on my sociology presentation like I was supposed to, I pulled weeds and got mud under my fingernails just when I need them to be looking pretty again.  Smart move.

Then I sorted out some other stuff around the house, wrote my blog post, and before I knew it, it was dark out.  So much for getting my presentation finished.  I should probably start on that soon.

And today I got to work to find a pile of paperwork to tend to, as well as dozens of e-mails and phone messages which required response.  Boo hiss.  But I suppose that's the price you pay, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment