Monday, November 25, 2013

Florida

Thanks to T for arising early on a Saturday to take me to the airport for my flight to West Palm Beach! I was Florida-bound and was amused by the veritable train of wheelchairs that was waiting to get on the plane where I changed in Baltimore. Florida indeed.

My first day was really a half day (or less).  I think I got in around 2, and we went straight to a late lunch where I ate entirely too much.  The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent as the first day of a vacation should be - totally vegging out.

The next day we headed to Stuart to check out their green market.  (Despite promises that I could sleep as late as I wanted, E still came in to wake me up so we could make it just before the market closed.  At 1 p.m.  The nerve!)  Stuart also has a little waterfront stage where they have bands playing every Sunday from November through May - what a treat!  We walked around the little town square and shopped, enjoyed the sunshine, and sampled the ice cream.


I guess if you live in sunny Florida, a car like this makes sense.

We strolled on the beach and were amused by the sandpipers running in and out with the waves before heading off to a large, tasty, eclectic, and very fried dinner at Hogsnappers

Monday was earmarked for our pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving, so it entailed a trip to the grocery, E working hard at pumpkin cheesecake, mom working hard at everything else, and of course a trip to the pool!

 The strip malls are the same, except for the palm trees.




And then it was back to the 30-degree weather at home, but I was at least able to take advantage of my three-hour layover in Atlanta with a couple of beers and an order of fried green tomatoes!

1 comment: