Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas is Coming!

I am the first to admit that my pre-Christmas celebrations have been somewhat less extravagant this year than in previous years.  I've been sick, I've been busy at work, and I'm going out of town for the holiday proper, so I'm mostly just pleased I've been able to get anything done at all!

First, the most atrocious of all transgressions: I've lost my Love Actually DVD.  "How is such a thing possible?!" you might inquire.  I have no idea.  But I have.  I'll get one at an after-Christmas fire sale.  Although honestly, I'm not sure how much that matters, because I also haven't watched my other holiday classic yet,  Little Women.


I did manage to squeeze in a viewing of It's A Wonderful Life (instead of packing), so that helped get me in the mood.  [Aside: for a weirdly interesting legal history of the copyright woes of the Jimmy Stewart classic (which woes are related to another Jimmy Stewart classic), check out the video here.]

T and I went to SLSO's Christmas concert at Powell Symphony Hall on Saturday though, and that was fun as always.  I loved the sing-along portion, as usual.  This year, there were a number of movie additions: a medley from the Tom Hanks Polar Express, the Christmas Eve finale from It's a Wonderful Life (sheesh, that movie is everywhere), "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from Meet Me in St. Louis, and T's favorite by far, "Let It Go" from Frozen.  The kids loved that one too.

I've finished all my cookie making, and even made some peppermint fudge as well!

2 comments:

  1. The cold never bothered me anyway *slam* :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't bring me any fudge while I could still eat it. Bad sister!

    ReplyDelete