Sunday, January 24, 2016

Goals - Progress Update

First of all, I apologize (again, again, and again) for my total lack of posting.  Work has been kicking my ass.  I miss, you know, being not at work every day.  It doesn't really matter what the alternative location is, but just having a weekend would be nice.

Anyway, I have made some (minor) progress on a couple of my goals, so here's my update:

Over Christmas, S did me a favor and went shopping for a book about vegetable gardening in Missouri.  He came back with this.  Not bad!  I have poked through it and picked out all the low-work veggies that can do okay without too much water (because I tend to forget to do that) and made a list of some produce that might survive the growing season.  I've found a couple of websites with reasonably simple looking (famous last words) instructions for building a raised bed garden.  My goal is to start this year with one, or possibly two, beds.  No more than that.

I have some ideas for my craft table as well.  I want it to have a big leaf on one side, shelves for storing fabric, and an inlaid yard stick.  I have secured an old dresser that I am going to turn into a notions cabinet, so I should have plenty of storage, which is excellent news.

The only progress that has been made on the gym is to decide on the type of flooring: those squishy rubber puzzle piece things.  Color has yet to be determined, although S is lobbying for something not obnoxious like gray or black.  He said he would get me pink if I wanted it, but I have to agree with him that it would probably get dirty and gross pretty quickly.

That's all the progress for now.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent choice!
    There is also an Heirloom magazine with tons of good advice and ideas. But maybe you don't need another magazine?

    ReplyDelete