Saturday, June 25, 2016

Vino Volo

I was headed to Boston recently for the bridal shower of my good friend L, and I had a bit of time to kill in the East Terminal before my flight. I stopped in at Vino Volo, recently opened in St. Louis, to try out the newest addition to the airport food scene.

The bartender told me that the flights were 1/3 of a glass of wine each, so my three samples would be the equivalent of about a glass.  When I got my flight of wines, I thought, "Hmm, I guess they serve small glasses of wine."  But when I finished it I picked the one I liked the best and ordered a full glass of that.  Turns out the bartender was wrong -- the single glass is way bigger than the flight.  So, that's a friendly tip from me to you.

My snack was delicious.  I got the Burrata, which is a cheese very similar to fresh mozzarella, but a little bit softer.  It came with bread, shredded greens, roasted red peppers, and a balsamic reduction.  It was magnifico!


I learned a bit about Vino Volo as well. They are all in airports, except for one in Bethesda, Maryland.  Apparently the Bethesda location isn't doing too well, so maybe the airport concept is the way to go.

In sum, there are lots of better restaurants in the world, where you can get more for less, but as far as airport eateries go, it was a definite win.

1 comment: