Wednesday, August 16, 2017

What I Read -- Another Country: Navigating the Emotional Terrain of Our Elders

While S and I were on vacation, I finished reading Another County

As a second read, I wasn't quite as impressed with it as I was the first time I read it.  But it did still have several useful lessons contained within, namely:
1. Help each other;
2. Be kind and compassionate; and
3. Don't be afraid.

What's interesting about those lessons, though, is that they're really not specific to the demographic identified in the subtitle; they could just as easily be applied to anyone.

We are all busy, rushed, and have too much to do.  But wouldn't it be nice if we could take some time to slow down, relax, spend a little more time talking about life than we do scrolling through Twitter?

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment