Monday, September 11, 2017

What I Watched -- The Bad and the Beautiful

The Bad and the Beautiful is another one of those film classics that I never saw, since somehow in my younger years I never developed a taste for old movies.  Now that I'm trying to correct that oversight in my cultural development, I've moved this one from the "haven't seen" to the "seen" list.

What I liked about it immensely were the multiple story lines.  The story comes at you from three different points of view: an actress, writer, and director.  Each one recalls his or her interactions with a director they all worked with in one capacity or another.  The common thread: each one refused to take his call when he reached out to them in need, because he or she felt slighted by him in the past.  As they share their stories, we find out why.

Bottom line: there's not much that's terribly surprising about this film, as is true with so many of the classics.  But watch it at least once, so you know what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment