Monday, September 18, 2017

What I Watched -- The Godfather

Many find this difficult to believe, but until this past weekend, I had not seen The Godfather

Sure, I had seen a few clips here and there, and knew some of the more famous quotes ("Leave the gun; take the cannoli"), but I had never seen the whole things start to finish.  I didn't really know much about it other than what one knows about every mob movie just by knowing that it is a mob movie -- vendettas, murderous rampages, etc.

When S and I got to our B&B in Louisville on Friday, we were greeted with a giant wall of DVDs lining the second-floor landing of the staircase up to our room.  We discussed many possible options, but lighted on The Godfather because apparently I am not the only person in the world who had not yet seen it!

We made it through the first half on Friday night and the second half on Saturday.

It was everything I expected from the movie -- vendettas, murderous rampages, etc.

Bottom line: after all these years, it meets expectations.  In a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment