Saturday, October 28, 2017

What I Watched -- Hyde Park on Hudson

Hyde Park on Hudson didn't get good reviews, but I like Bill Murray and Laura Linney, so I decided to watch it anyway.  Plus, S and I were really struggling to find something on Netflix, which seems to have gotten harder since they eliminated the opportunity to give star ratings.

Having seen it now, I can see why it's ratings weren't great.  Despite having some great actors in it, the characters felt a little flat.  Aside from one scene between Laura Linney and Elizabeth Marvel (who I thought was Allison Janney until I looked up the cast list), the characters didn't have a lot of depth or personality.  Despite that, it was a good enough way to distract myself from some other mindless tasks I had to do.

Bottom line: unfortunately, the negative reviews are on point.

No comments:

Post a Comment