Thursday, February 15, 2018

Polite Society

Dad was in town recently, and we tried out a new place called Polite Society for dinner.  We were joined by S and G&G.

I liked Polite Society from the beginning.  I liked the pictures on their website, I liked the text on their website, and I liked how, well, polite they were on the phone when I called to make the reservation.  And then twice more to change it.

I will give Polite Society a thumbs up.  Not everything was spectacular -- Dad's steak was cold, my crispy onion straws had gone a bit soggy, and one of S's cocktails was a bit flavorless.  The first two I ascribe to the extended length of time we spent eating our appetizers; I'm sure they didn't anticipate we would be so deliberate about it, so I can't really blame them for this one.  As for the cocktail, well, they're not all going to be the great.  I've had some duds before, and I'm sure I will again.  It did come with a Luxardo cherry, so that's a plus.

I plan to go back for brunch to give it a second try!

No comments:

Post a Comment