Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Clover and the Bee

After our recent symphony date, S and I headed to The Clover and the Bee.  It's the newest brainchild of the Olive + Oak folks.

I've been to O+O a couple of times, and I believe I have neglected to write about it.  I apologize.  In brief: though the food and drinks have been delightful each time, it is usually crowded and always noisy.  Plan to go early or pick a nice night so you can sit outside, and you will thoroughly enjoy yourself.

The Clover and the Bee is the casual younger sibling of O+O.  I was unable to go during its first few months because they were only open for breakfast and lunch, but they are now also serving dinner!  They have an early-dinner happy hour, which was a nice surprise.  They have several beers, their house wines, and a variety of appetizers on the happy hour menu.  Their food is fresh and local, and they do both dine-in and carry-out service.

When we were there, I had the burrata sandwich and S had the bucatini.  The sandwich was oily, but in the best way.  The bucatini was surprisingly rich and filling.

It's a place I would be happy to go back to -- and it's much quieter than it's fancier neighbor.  A nice spot for a date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment