Thursday, May 31, 2018

Goals 2018 -- May Recap

I set out to do some specific things in May. Here's how I did:

1. Ride my bike at least once each weekend.
I missed this one, but I have some good excuses.
-- The first weekend in May, S wasn't feeling great, so we took the weekend off.
-- Mother's Day weekend we did a 41-mile road ride.
-- The weekend of the big family party, S was out of town. Knowing that I had to get my ride in on Saturday morning, I got up early and got all dressed to go.  However, when I opened the door to go outside, I was confronted with a wall of pea soup fog. I live in a bit of a valley, so I drove up to the main road to see if the situation improved. It did not, and I didn't think it was safe to be out riding alone under those conditions,  so I put my bike on the trainer and watched some Netflix while I pedaled away to nowhere.
-- Memorial Day weekend, we drove to Clayton and parked there for reasons that will become apparent momentarily. We rode out to Kirkwood, down Grant's Trail, and back up to the Tower Grove Farmer's Market.  We were limited on our buying power because (1) our mode of transport was not excellent for fresh veg, and (2) we had forgotten to bring cash, so it was card only.  But we got a few things before heading back to Clayton - where we had delicious crepes as City Coffeehouse and Creperie to reward ourselves for our 32 miles of hard work.

2. Go to the Tower Grove Farmer's Market at least once.
Done! See above.

3. Go to the Lake Saint Louis Farmer's Market at least once.
Done! We drove there the weekend S wasn't feeling great.

4. Cook outside on the grill.
Done! S grilled up some steaks from the LSL Farmer's Market.

5. Go to the Whitaker Festival at Mobot once.
Done! We went with P on their opening night to see Gene Jackson, and it was lovely and not too hot.

6. Tend to my plants, which are finally enjoying some fresh air and sunshine.
Done! Mostly. There is definitely some weeding that needs to be done in the front, but overall things look pretty good!

1 comment: