Sunday, June 30, 2019

Goals 2019 -- June Recap

Five new things doesn't seem like a lot. But when you need to fit them in between all the obligations of daily living, it can be hard!  Which is my not-so-subtle way of telling you that I didn't quite get it done.  But it wasn't a total failure either!  Here's my list:
1. I tried a case in Lincoln County (to excellent effect!)
2. I got recognized as a volunteer with one of the organizations I've been working with at their quarterly gathering
3. I changed the oil in our daily driver
4. I walked in a Pride parade
5. We decided to take scuba lessons with some friends (although the lessons themselves haven't happened yet).

The last one, obviously, is questionable.  How many well-intentioned plans never come to fruition?  But what can you do?  There's only so much time in 30 days.   43,200 minutes, to be not-quite-exact.  Which seems like a lot when I say it that way; let's go back to calling it 30 days.

I had lots of other ideas, but as with the scuba, they just didn't happen.  My rowing partner wanted to learn to ride a unicycle, but I don't know where you can rent one.  I wanted to go mountain biking on a trail I has never been on before, but that requires that it stop raining.  There was a new circus in town (in addition to St. Louis's own Circus Flora) but they were only here for a weekend and I had visitors that weekend.

Even though I only got four-and-a-half things accomplished, it was a good exercise in thinking outside the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment