Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Goals 2019 -- July Update

Here's K!

M and I talked throughout the month about how surprisingly difficult it was to fit a little thing like walking into our daily routine. It seemed like a relatively simple task when we chose it, but it ended up being quite a challenge!

Overall, I would say that I was successful with this month’s goal. When I was in Europe, we walked miles every day. On the cruise ship, I gave myself credit for the walk from the restaurant to our evening activity and then to bed given that those little walks were more than the walk that I would have made at home from my kitchen counter to the couch. Then, when I came home, mom left to join E and A in awaiting the arrival of little L, so I was back on morning dog walk duty. There were many mornings where Argos did not want to take a walk, but whereas before I would have accepted his hesitation as an invitation for my own couch sitting, I made him go out whether he wanted to or not. And, like me, most of the time, once we got out there, he was happy about it. 

Even though this is a hard goal, I’m going to try to keep it as a part of my daily activities by putting my lunch in the refrigerator in the building next to mine. This will make me, I hope, get up in the middle of the day, step away from the computer and the demands of work, and squeeze in a little walk even though it might like the hardest thing in the world to do is to put one foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment