Monday, September 30, 2019

Goals 2019 -- September Recap

K and I both struggled this month.  I don't really have a good reason for why I did, except a lack of attention.  K has a better excuse, which will follow.  Here's my status:

1. Drink more water.  This one I had some success with, actually (I think).  I say "I think" because, while certainly on some days I drank more than I had been previously, and often I made that additional 25% mark that I set for myself.  However, I was also less diligent about tracking it when I was not at work.  Weekends and the week we were on vacation escaped the tracking, so I can't say for sure that I was successful on those days.

2. Get up when the alarm goes off.  This one was a much bigger struggle for me.  There were a handful of days when I succeeded, but overall it was not a success.  I did not, though, try any of my previous tricks, such as downloading a different clock app or using an old-fashioned alarm clock.  I'm not quite ready to give up on this one yet; I may keep it alive next month with some different tactics.

3. Keep on a regular schedule.  I have to admit that I didn't think particularly actively about this goal as the month progressed.  Perhaps surprisingly, I think I did pretty well at it anyway.  Looking back at my calendar and recalling my weekends, I did a decent job of getting up early on the weekends to try to keep myself on a regular schedule.  What I was intermittently successful (or massively unsuccessful) at was getting to bed at a reasonable hour.  That's still a struggle.

Better luck next month!

1 comment:

  1. I think what you need is a dog that wakes up at the same time each day and needs to go for a walk. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete