Sunday, July 31, 2022

What I Read -- The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye

I've been struggling a bit with my reading lately, due to a combination of work and other activities interfering with my reading time.  When that happens, sometimes I just need to find a real page-turner that will keep me going even when I probably should be doing something else (usually sleeping).

The most recent page-turner pick was The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye.  It's the fifth book in the Millennium series, started by Stieg Larsson, and taken over by David Lagercrantz after Larsson's death.

In this one, our troubled heroine ends up in -- you guessed it -- more trouble, this time with a nasty prisoner and the zealous brothers of the long-suffering girl in the cell next door.  Our can't-ever-make-up-his-mind journalist friend dives into Lisbeth's background in a story entirely unconnected to the trouble she finds herself in.  And a long-loved character is lost; that's all I'll say about that.

This one has been my least favorite of the books in the series so far.  It's disjointed.  But it accomplished the goal which I required of it, so I can't be too upset.  It's easy to not be disappointing when the bar is low.

No comments:

Post a Comment