Tuesday, February 25, 2020

What I'm Reading Now -- The Girl Who Lived Twice

S and I were at the library picking something up recently when I spotted the cover of The Girl Who Lived Twice.  One should not judge a book by its cover, but one is allowed to be interested in a book based on its cover, right?

I recognized this one right away as being related to the Millenium (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) series, and I'm struggling to find time to read these days, so a page-turner is just what the librarian ordered.  Stieg Larsson, the author of that series died in 2004.

This is actually the sixth book in the series, and the third by this author.  I didn't realize that when I picked it up.  I don't think it will matter much if they are read out of order; there is enough explanation, I think, to be able to figure out who's who.  But still, since I do enjoy a good page-turner, I am considering trading this in for book four.  Any thoughts on this issue?
 
We will see how the new author handles the series.

1 comment:

  1. I had refused to read these (though I devoured Stieg Larsson's first three books) because of the way Stieg's brother and father stole them from Steig's life partner. Heavy and sad...so let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete