Thursday, July 30, 2009

What I'm Reading Now -- Inkspell


Not much to say about it yet, I'm not that far in. But it's the second book in a trilogy, and I absolutely loved the first book, Inkheart.

They're written for kids - the main character is a 9-year-old girl. In the first book, she discovers that her father, a bookbinder, has the rare ability to bring characters literally to life when he reads aloud. The unfortunate consequence of bringing characters into the world is that someone from the world has to go into the book. In Inkheart, Meggie, Mo, and some characters that Mo has read aloud all go on an epic journey to discover what happened to Meggie's mother many years ago, and to face the villain (another of Mo's creations) who created all the trouble in the first place.

So Inkspell is installment #2, and with any luck it will be as good as the first one. Inkdeath, the third book came out about a year and a half ago, so I have my work cut out for me.

2 comments:

  1. i do hope you are saving a copy of each one of these so i can read them when i get back, yes?

    - cousin claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I got "Almost Moon" from the library, so you're on your own for that one. But I'll definitely keep "Inkspell." I lent the first one to one of my sisters and haven't gotten it back, but it's floating around somewhere!

    ReplyDelete