Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More from Columbus

Special thanks to Charles, who was snapping pics all day (one of the perks of not racing!). They are available here. I think the only ones of me are on pages 6 and 7; I'm in a 2x with T, I'm wearing the red hat, she's wearing a white one.

Remember how I said I caught a monster crab in the 1x race? Well, T also caught one in the 2x race, but only a baby one. It slowed us down a bit, but we still performed respectably. The girls in the purple ended up winning, followed by the girls in the blue with the red stripe, then us. There were actually 11 boats total that raced in the Women's Masters 2x event, and we had the 4th fastest time, but because of the way they did the events/times/handicaps/I'm not sure what, we ended up with a bronze medal. (Ask the regatta guys, not me. I have learned not to look a gift horse in the mouth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment