Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscars Recap

It's late and I'm tired, so this is going to be brief.

-Hooray for The King's Speech (which I saw)! Best picture, best director, best actor, and best original screenplay. Nice work fellas.

- Jennifer Lawrence looked stunning!

- Mila Kunis looked like she was about to fall out of her dress, but was great and totally natural on stage. I want to be her friend.

- I still need to see Black Swan, The Social Network (maybe), True Grit, 127 Hours, The Fighter, The Kids are All Right, Blue Valentine, Rabbit Hole, Inception (I actually currently have this one in my possession, I just haven't watched it yet), and most of the foreign language films and live action shorts, so that I can tell you all about them.

- Anne Hathaway did a great job bringing some "young" to the show all on her own, not to mention picking up the slack for James Franco, who was totally drugged out and useless. James, what's up? I just said how much I like you. You let me down dude. I no longer want to be your friend. But I do want to be Anne's. Oh, and she can sing.

- I did rather enjoy the video montage of Anne and James added in to scenes from all the best picture nominees that they opened the show with. Quite funny.

- I could have lived without the school choir, but they did a good job, considering they were 10 years old.

- Not too many crazy surprises as far as the actual award winners, all in all. A little surprised The Social Network didn't win a big award, after all the buzz it garnered (it won best original score, best adapted screenplay, and film editing). But despite the young host and hostess tonight, I guess it pays to remember that the average Oscar voter is in his or her fifties, and probably doesn't give a hoot about a movie like TSN. I'm still debating whether I give a hoot about it or not, and I'm half that age.

A list of the full winners is available here. Sorry it's not more exciting, but that's all I've got for now. Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment