Wednesday, April 11, 2012

52 Weeks of Dresses -- Week 30

Otherwise titled: Mom and Herbie

Mom's in town!  We met, along with T, for dinner Monday night at Herbie's Vintage 72.  The restaurant is a tribute to Herbie Balaban, who died a dozen years ago.  For decades, Balaban's Restaurant was at the same location, but after Herbie's death, it ran into some trouble.  A few years ago, the owners of Monarch (about which I thought I had previously written, but I can't find it!) decided to buy the struggling restaurant, and HV72 was the result.  So far, most reviews are positive.


I had the French onion soup, which was decent but not the best I've had, for a starter.  My entree was the Ligurian shrimp pasta, which was spicy and delicious.  As a bonus, T got the cheese plate, which came with a a super creamy brie, and something else with a spiced rind that I can't remember, as well as a little baby grilled cheese with apricot jam.  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment