Friday, November 21, 2014

What I Watched -- The Grand Budapest Hotel

I was killing some time one night last week at T's apartment, and he humored me by letting me watch The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I am not such a die-hard Wes Anderson fan that I went back and watched everything in his canon once I discovered him.  (I'm not a die hard fan in that vein of many things, particularly not having to do with films.  Who has the time?)  But I do like his stuff, so I try to see it when it comes out.  My introduction was to The Royal Tenenbaums, which I like more each time I see it.  I tried to watch Life Aquatic, but fell asleep.  Since then I've added Moonrise Kingdom and now Grand Budapest to the collection. I would like to see The Darjeeling Limited, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Anyway, The Grand Budapest Hotel was all the things I love about Wes Anderson.  The cinematography was weird and interesting.  The colors were super saturated.  The actors were half a beat off. 

Bottom line: quirky and great.

No comments:

Post a Comment