Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What I'm Reading Now -- Gold

I don't know how Gold came to be in my audiobook collection.

Strange though it may sound, this is a relatively common frustration of mine. Here's how it happens: someone recommends a book to me, so I added to my "list" based solely on their recommendation.  But there are problems with these "lists," which is why I'm putting them in quotation marks.

One version of it is an Evernote note to myself.  Another version is a Goodreads list.  A third version is my saved requests at the library (city or county).  A fourth is books I've downloaded into my iTunes.  Fifth is books I've uploaded into my iTunes, usually because Mom sent them to me.

I'm sure there are others, but that's all I can come up with right now.

Whatever form the list takes, though, there is very little in the way of opportunity to note who recommended the book or why I thought I might like it.  So often, I end up diving blindly in with no idea what to expect.

As for this particular book, the reason I need to get it out of my library is because iTunes, when it did its last update, lost the ability to distinguish between the book Gold, by Chris Cleave, and the CD Gold, by Ryan Adams.  I'm not sure what glitchy thing happened that caused that, but it's an easy fix and solves the problem for me of which book to listen to next!

2 comments:

  1. Did you read Little Bee? I thought it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read it, but I just got the audio version from the library, so it's on my list!

      Delete