Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dinner at Peacemaker

Several weeks ago now (all these posts have been old lately; I'm behind schedule), I went to dinner with a group of friends at Peacemaker Lobster & Crab Co. in Benton Park. It's in the location where Gerard Craft's Niche originally was, if you remember back before it moved to Clayton.

I arrived early (for once!) and snagged a seat at the bar and a cocktail called a Louie while I was waiting.  Their cocktail list is not long (4 drinks, to be exact), which is a bit disappointing.  In this era of craft-cocktail-as-king, I suppose I have come to expect a multi-page list of interesting choices.  The Louie wasn't bad, although I probably would have chosen something else if I had been given more choices.  I could always create my own, but I like to think that a good restaurant will have an equally good bartender, and I like to test out what they've shaken or stirred up.

Once everyone arrived and we were seated, I was thrilled to discover the presence of fried green tomatoes on the menu!  I love me some good fried green tomatoes, as you might recall.

I made the mistake of listening to the waitress when she suggested that I might need a side along with my sandwich (which came with french fries).  But if I hadn't listened to her, I wouldn't have had my favorite southern comfort food, so it was all good!  By the by, my main course was the Connecticut lobster roll -- tasty lobster, melt-in-your-mouth bread, delicious.

1 comment: