Friday, April 1, 2016

My New Mountain Bike!

I pseudo-inherited a mountain bike last fall.  That is a rough time to get any new type of bike besides CX bike, because that is all I'm going to do until it's too cold to ride.  But I finally got out on my "new" bike about three weeks ago - on a trail (or several) in Quail Ridge Park.

Here's the trouble that I discovered with Quail Ridge Park: the trails are a nightmare.  It took half a dozen random "let's-go-this-way's" before we ever actually saw a trail marker, and even then, they didn't make a damn bit of sense.  We turned onto a trail named X, and by the time we got to the next marker, it turns out the trail we were in was named Y. And none of the maps were properly oriented. Useless.

Nevertheless, it was a fun day of crashing around and trying to break things. And it was the first time I used my fancy new Garmin GPS bike computer, so that was a ton of fun!  Can't think of a better way to spend the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment