Friday, August 12, 2016

What I Watched -- Ghostbusters

It was time again to see a movie with my friend B; S came along this time too.  We always see a crashy-crashy-smashy-smashy movie, and based on the options available, we picked the new Ghostbusters movie.

It was amusing.  I like Kristen Wiig, and she was funny, even though she played the straight man.  I like Melissa McCarthy, and she was funny.  I know of Leslie Jones, but don't know her work, and I didn't know the other girl at all.  It turns out that the other girl is named Kate McKinnon, and she stole the show.  Her current regular gig is on SNL, so it's not surprising that she can hold her own with the comedians.

There were a million guest appearances by cast members of the original film.  It was a bit overdone, but still nice to know that they were involved, even the tiniest bit, in the making of the new movie.

Bottom line: entertaining for a couple of hours, but not particularly memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment