Wednesday, March 14, 2018

What I'm Watching -- Traffik

My friend L (the same one who turned me on to Prime Suspect, which I've now seen two seasons of, and have 3 and 4 waiting in the wings) has also loaned me Traffik.  It's a 1989 British miniseries (quick, act surprised!) on which the 2000 Steven Soderbergh movie Traffic was based.

The original version has the same general plot, but instead of being a Cartel-based drug war, it's story is of the European nations trying to stop the growth of opium poppies in Pakistan, and the consequent inflow of heroin into their countries.

I wasn't sold on it at first.  I was ready to turn it off after about an episode and a half, but the end of the second episode got me, and now I think I'll finish it.  It's a slow burn, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment