Tuesday, July 10, 2018

An American Soldier

K joined me for my final show of the year, which was the world premiere of the two-act version of An American Soldier.

The story was compelling and easy to follow, despite my initial concerns that it would be difficult to follow, in light of the multitude of time leaps.  It was also sad; a young soldier from New York joins the Army, and ends up committing suicide in Afghanistan after being hazed.

The music discordant, and I didn't care for it.  There were a few pieces that were okay, such as the Moon song.  I also enjoyed the addition of the Eastern "flutter" in a few spots.  On the whole, it was not my style, but it was ably performed.

For dinner before the show, K and I had spring rolls (rolled by K!; the Chinese component); borani kachalu (the Afghan component); and some local beer (the American component).  One of my more inspired menus, I thought, and all quite tasty.

1 comment:

  1. That is indeed an inspired menu. You did such a great job with all of them!

    ReplyDelete