Sunday, July 22, 2018

What I Watched -- Birthmarked and Too Late

Warning: neither of these movies were very good. Nevertheless, in the interest of hopefully saving each of you a couple of hours that you might not want to lose, but because they both have a tiny bit of value, I'll give you a blurb.

Too Late was an unusual movie, a collection of shorter stories that fit together like a puzzle, and it takes a little time to figure out how they fit together. So that's neat.  What's not so neat is that once they do all fit together, they make a really unsatisfying story.  Which is too bad, because I'm a big fan of John Hawkes.



Birthmarked's only saving grace was that it was sort of cute. It was a bit Wes Anderson-y in style, and in the quirkiness of the storyline.  But it was just not as good a as a WA movie. I didn't really like any of the characters that much, and I wasn't rooting for their weirdness to win over the skeptics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment