Monday, December 31, 2018

Goals 2018 -- December Recap

It turns out that the app I downloaded to track my data usage only shows history for 7 days.  I didn't realize that at the time, so I can't really report on my data usage in a quick and easy way.  What I can do, though, is use my phone's own data tracking to at least report on which apps I've used, and for each one, I can see the usage over the month.  So here's where my biggest apps rank:

  1. Mobile tethering.  This increased over the course of the month.  My excuse for this is holiday travel; I used it a bit in the airports.
  2. Social media.  Usage was pretty steady throughout the month.
  3. App store.  A couple of big days of usage when I was updating apps, but that's pretty typical usage.
  4. Documents.  Most usage at the beginning of the month.
  5. Internet.  Usage did increase over the course of the month, but again, I was traveling, so that's to be expected.
  6. Weather app.
  7. Email.
Everything else is below 100 MB of usage.

On the whole, total usage is actually a bit higher than it has been in the last couple of months, but without the mobile tethering, I would have been well below my average.  I'm not sure I can call it a win, but also not a bad way to wrap up the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment