Friday, April 5, 2019

Goals 2019 -- March Update

K's report from March:

My reflection on our March goal is delayed perhaps because I did not want to admit that I failed at the one of our goals that I really wanted to do well with. I’m now at the Phi Theta Kappa International Conference and just listened to Mel Robbins talk about how you have to stop thinking about what you have to do and start doing it. So, here I am.

I thought I could manage to squeeze in reading four books in March because I thought I would have more time since Spring Break was in there. I was wrong. But, I did finally finish a lingering read, Poet X, and I blew through Where the Crawdads Sing, which reminded me why I love reading so much. And, while I might not have met my goal, I learned that I am a much happier person when I am in the process of reading a book, and that is something that I will carry forward from this month’s goal. Even if I’m not reading as much or as fast as I would like, I will try to make sure that I am reading something that I enjoy and that I have a book that I can carry with me to read in whatever spare minutes I can find.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also blowing through Where the Crawdads Sing! I started it on the plane on my way home from NC on Monday and am already over halfway through.

    ReplyDelete