Friday, December 27, 2019

The Art of the Handwritten Note -- Take 2

I've been on several vacations lately, but The Art of the Handwritten Note never made the cut to take along with me.  It's a quick read (despite how long it took me to get through it), but not great for travel for two reasons: first, it's hardcover, and the added weight is always disfavored when packing.  Second, it's one I wanted to keep; abandoning it on a park bench or a coffee shop table upon completion was not an option.

I wanted to keep it because it has some practical assistance if you need to write a note but are struggling to find the words.  Sometimes it's helpful to have a few words to get you started.  So, back onto the bookshelf it goes for just those times, which are covered in the second half of the book.

The first half is focused more on the joy and importance of writing, as well as the choice of materials.  It was nice to read through, but if I could have just kept the second half, I would have; that's where the practical advice is.

No comments:

Post a Comment