Monday, December 16, 2019

What I Watched -- Rosemary's Baby


Every time the subject of disturbing movies comes up, C asks me if I've seen Rosemary's Baby yet.  Finally, I can say yes!

And now that I have seen it, I certainly concur that it fits into the category of disturbing movies.  If it had been a little bit less supernatural and into the occult, I probably would have loved it.  As it was, parts of it I liked a lot, parts of it -- though necessary in order for the movie to hold together -- were a little too out there for my tastes.

In case there is anyone else out there who has not seen it, here's the basic rundown: a young couple moves into a long-empty apartment in a building in Manhattan.  There are some strange things about the unit, including the neighbors, but they're excited about the find.  Rosemary becomes pregnant, but she starts to suspect that there is a cult at work in the building which wants to take possession of her baby for their demonic rituals.

So yes, it's a bit strange, but now I am part of the cul-- er, club.

Bottom line: it's a weird one.

No comments:

Post a Comment