Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Goals 2021 -- January Edition (Plus 2020 Reflections)

Remember how back at the beginning of 2020, my overarching theme for my year of goals would be to  Clearing My Mind, Simplifying My Life?  I had no idea that a pandemic was headed my (really everyone's) direction which would thrust simplification upon us in a lot of ways.

But that is what happened.

Sure, in some ways, shifting to working at home created added complications: the need to buy new or relocate lighting fixtures, worrying about Zoom backgrounds, creating new work flow strategies with team members, and the like.

I choose instead to focus on the positive aspects, and the simplicity: more time with S, time at home to garden and cook, less frenetic traveling but the traveling we did do was longer and lazier.

Now, nearly a week into 2021, I am in need of a new theme and a goal for the month.  After some recent conversations about my general lack of enthusiasm about my workouts, I have decided to choose a totally generic, predictable January goal -- work out.  How will I quantify this and get a little more excited about it?  Rather than the usual biking and erging which have taken over my routine since the weather turned cold, I will mix in some other things: weights, boxing, running (again), yoga.  At the end of the month, you will get a count of my workouts in each category.

As for a year-long theme, how about Adding a Little Fun?  After 2020, when so many people were unhappy about so many things, let's try to lighten it up a bit!

2 comments: