Monday, February 15, 2021

Solutions and Other Problems -- Take 2

Oy.  I am way behind on blogging as a whole, and on books in particular.

I finished reading Solutions and Other Problems some time ago.  The trouble with really liking someone's first book is that it's often hard for the second to measure up.  That was, to some degree, the case here.  Overall, I thought Hyperbole and a Half was better as a whole.

Having said that, there were a couple of really wonderful stories in Solutions that I think make it worth the read, including one that really surprised me.  And, lest this be interpreted as a pan, it's not like Solutions is a bad follow-up, it's just not quite as much of a through-and-through package in my opinion. 

I did get a few good out-loud chuckles out of this one, and seeing those goofy characters again was like going back in time.  In a good way!

No comments:

Post a Comment