Monday, February 1, 2021

Goals 2021 -- February Edition

Often, when S and I are watching TV or a movie in the evening, I am also working.  This is no fun.  So this month, I will try to avoid doing that.  And I will Add a Little Fun to my life by being able to enjoy what it is that we're watching!

There may be a couple of exceptions.  Usually, when I am working at night, it is for one of three reasons:

1. I have an impending deadline;
2. I didn't do enough work during the day and need to make up for lost time; or
3. There is just so much to do that, even though I worked hard all day and there are no impending deadlines, I still have an excess of clients who need attention.

Items in the first category I can plan for.  The second category I can either avoid by being diligent all day and not skipping out on work for appointments, chores, etc., or I can accept, recognizing that some days hours are just going to be low.  The third is a little more difficult to control.  Surely there will be some exceptions to this "no working" rule; I anticipate that.  But if even half the time that I might otherwise be working in the evening I can instead devote all my attention to our chose activity, or I can couple it with some non-intensive therapeutic-type exercise, like coloring, hopefully it'll make me a more cheerful (and focused) person.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you wrote the book How to do Ten Things at Once and Still Pay Attention in Class. I could never work and watch a movie simultaneously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, did she write that book?😉🤣😂I should've paid closer attention (or read it when there wasn't a cookbook open alongside). Anyway, I failed. And while I can knit and watch a movie at the same time, I don't always WANT TO!

    ReplyDelete